If you want to look smart and fresh, you have to wear wrinkle-free, crisp, neatly ironed, and fresh-looking clothes. These are the important symptoms of being a gentleman or woman. For this, you must have a steam iron at your home. It as an essential appliance to be in every home. People never thought much before buying an iron, but after buying, they regret about their selection. So for that, we are here, we have done market research and prepare a list of the best steam iron in India. These iron won’t make you feel regret after choosing them, as they are the best steam iron till now. After buying any one of them, you won’t have to wear wrinkled and crumpled clothes.
Every person has different preferences and different needs when it comes to selecting the best product. But now, as far as iron is concerned, the main role of iron is to make the clothes wrinkle-free quickly in the best manner possible. Now before purchasing the product, everyone must know everything about that product. So, this article will give you guidance about the best steam iron and its features, followed by a brief buying guide.
Best Steam Iron in India
Getting rid of the wrinkles on clothes is not an easy task with a dry iron. To make this task easy, steam irons now available in the market. With the help of steam iron, you can perform the task of removing the wrinkles from the clothes that are now easy. As the decent iron makes the work easy and quickly in an effective manner. Here is the list of top best steam irons available in the market.
Philips’s easy speed plus GC2040 model of a steam iron is the first choice of every consumer right now. As the brand, Philips is the topmost famous brand in the field of electrical appliances in the market. This brand ensures the safety and the quality of the product.
This steam iron model has the consumption of 2100 watts of power, which gives the constant result of high steam output. It also termed as the all-rounder when it comes to light to heavy steam ironing. Philips, this steam iron model, gives the output of 30 grams to 100 grams of steam output per minute. It has a 360-degree swivel cord and vertical steaming, which makes vertical ironing easy. The feature of drip-stop ensures that you can iron your delicate clothes easily.
No products found.
- The great build quality of a product.
- Drip stop at low temperature.
- It has a triple precision tip.
- The company provides a 2-year warranty on this model.
- Vertical ironing.
The brand promises the quality and the durability of the product as well as the high-performance of this product. This brand, Black & Decker, is the most active competitor of the Philips brand in the field of the steam iron market in India. And this is the tough competitor just because it gives all the features in a lesser price.
The small vents on the bottom surface of the steam iron equally distribute the steam. It can disperse the steam of 35 grams per minute for the delicate clothes, and it also boots up to 90 grams per minute steam for the tough clothes. There are steam and a temperature adjusting knob, which helps in avoiding unnecessary damage to the clothes. It has an intelligent recognition system, which recognizes the required temperature automatically once it sets accordingly. The self-clean feature of this model is worth mentioning. Usually, with continuous usage of the steam function, the water tank is get covered through the accumulation of lime scales formed because of the heat reaction with calcium carbonate in water. This self-clean function of this model works in the prevention of such accumulated particles while the anti-calc feature counters the limescale deposits.
- Anti-drip feature to avoid any water dripping from the soleplate in case the steam level is not reached
- Ceramic coated sole plate - even heat distribution and best for all types of clothes
- This steam iron has an anti-drip feature
- Steam burst and spray function
- Ceramic coated soleplate
- Anti-calc function
- The model has a self-clean feature
- A large water tank provided by the company that holds 380ml of water
- Vertical steam
- It comes along with a 2-year warranty
Morphy Richards is a renowned brand world-famous for the build quality of its product. You all can consider this brand also when you are going to buy a steam iron. It is because this brand is a crowd favorite when it comes to household products. The brand again comes with some exciting features in their products.
This Steam iron comes with long and smooth soleplate in the bottom surface that is incorporated with 46 steam vents/holes that could supply 11gm steam at each use. The coated soleplate works smoothly over the clothes allowing a faster ironing process. With the help of vertical steam ironing, anyone can easily iron the clothes. This model of iron steam consumes 2000 watts of electric power, which gives good output results. It disperses a minimum of 11 grams of steam through the vents and maximum up to 150 grams per minute.
No products found.
- The coated soleplate has 46 steam holes/vents
- Diamond and ceramic coated soleplate used in the bottom surface
- It has turbo boost feature that equally disperses 150 grams per minute of steam through the vents/holes
- The company has provided 350ml water tank
- Self-clean technology
- This product comes with a 2-year warranty
- It uses 2000 watts of electric consumption.
If you are seeking a budget-friendly steam iron, then this model of Philip’s brand is best suited in that condition. As per the previous model of the Philips brand, this model is different. As it disperses steam in the form of spray from the vents/holes at the rate of 13 grams per minute for delicate clothes, and for tough clothes, it disperses the minimum heat at the rate of 17 grams per minute. A control knob is present in the center of the product, which allows you to set the temperature and pressure of the steam at your convenience.
The aluminum soleplate is there, which allows you to iron the clothes that have graphic prints on them. It has the capacity to hold water up to 180 ml in its water tank. The steam also works under the inverter connection as it consumes only 1440 watts of electric power to heat up.
- To Prevent Water Leakage, keep the iron horizontal when not in use, do not fill water completely, leave some gap and wait for some time for the iron...
- Easy and super fast filling of the watertank,Easy and super fast emptying of the watertank,A fine spray evenly moistens the fabric
- There is a push-button for a steam spray feature.
- It has a large tank opening with a capacity of 180 ml, which makes you refill the tank easily.
- Separate steam vent/holes along with the ones on the soleplate
- Temperature and steam control knob at the center of the product
- The product has aluminum soleplate
- The company avails this product in the market with a 2-year warranty
This product comes from the trusted brand from the Indian local market Inalsa. This brand is famous for its build quality of the product. The brand used to build the product of high quality in a very reasonable price. If you are looking for a steam iron that saves your time and gives you much better results, then this model of inalsa is the best.
This steam iron is known for its precision ironing. The manufacturer designed the product very carefully, which gives benefits to consumers while using it. This product comes with a titanium coated heavy soleplate in the bottom surface that equally distributes the steam to reduce wrinkles on the clothes. There are 12 vents/holes on the tip portion of the bottom surface and 16 vents/holes on each side of the side portion. As compared to the rest of the steam iron that we mention above, this one has a bigger tank capacity of 300 ml of water. And that is more than sufficient for regular use. The power-consuming 2000 watts makes it heat up quickly and maintain the temperature to produce constant steam through the vents/holes.
No products found.
- Inalsa steam iron has a vertical steam feature
- Anti-drip function is there in the iron
- Self clean/ anti-calc feature
- A knob is there to adjust the temperature and steam control
- Ergonomic design for easy use
- Wide titanium soleplate bottom surface
- The company makes it available with a 2-year warranty
- It has a steam spray feature
- Consumes 2000 watts of electric power
Havells Magnum Steam Iron has an 1840 watt of power consumption, launched by the brand Havells. This brand is most popular these days in the Indian market in the field of electrical appliances. It has a dual-sealed steam generator, and we can have a great experience from using this steam iron.
The company gives the water tank capacity of 300 ml in this model, which is sufficient to steam or iron your clothes. It has a handle of an ergonomic, groovy, and soft-grip that provides you a good comfort while operating the iron. You do not have to change the position regularly while ironing the clothes as it has the vertical steam feature. Place the clothes under the iron and start ironing the clothes. The company has used the non-stick soleplate in this steam iron, which is ideal for steaming and ironing any type of cloth material without causing damage to the material.
No products found.
- This product has the self-cleaning capability
- Anti Drip feature is there in this iron
- Non-Stick soleplate which is idle for ironing clothes
- Vertical steam burst
- Anti-sedimentation or scaling
- Soft handle grip
Eveready is a well-known brand in the Indian market. People can easily trust this brand as it has excellent brand value in India. This brand comes up in the market with its steam iron, which is a smart iron for regular use.
This steam iron comes with a steam spray that is on its nose, and it works with a push button. It distributes the steam equally through the vents/holes, which helps in getting rid of the wrinkles on the clothes. The right temperature and the steam pressure adjusted by the knob present at the center of the product. You might feel bad as the water tank is not very large, but the investment of money on this product is worth it. The product comes with the self-clean features that do not allow the lime particles to settle down in the vents/holes.
No products found.
- Linished soleplate use in the bottom surface of this steam iron
- Inbuilt overheat protection feature
- Consumes 1400 watts of electric power
- The product comes with a self-clean function
- Spray and steam burst function
- This steam iron comes in the market with a 2-year warranty
Steam irons are the best solution that we have now getting rid of the wrinkles from the clothes. It is better to choose steam iron rather than choosing normal iron, as steam iron gives you more versatility and effective results in an easy way as compared to the normal iron.
How to Choose a Steam Iron for Yourself?
The market is full of technologies and choices. Even buying a small electrical appliance like a hairdryer is like finding out the needle on the floor. It’s tough to make the decision as there are various brands with different kinds of models are available. So, it’s important to analyze our requirements and needs before buying a steam iron.
Below we have tried our best to mention all the important knowledge that a customer must have before deciding to buy a steam iron.
Types of Steam Irons
Different types of steam irons based on the sole material used in the steam iron, steam capacity, size, weight, and other features included. The steam irons divided in three categories.
- Conventional Steam Irons: This category of steam iron produces less amount of hot steam, which removes the wrinkles from the clothes. The most of the features that once only available in the costly steam irons, now those all features are available in less expensive steam irons. Ordinary water can utilize for making steam – as these steam irons contain resin filters or anti-calcium valves.
- Steam Ironing Systems: These steam irons are considered as they have a constant flow of steam in high pressure for ironing clothes. They consume more space than any other conventional iron. This type of iron takes much time to heat up. Some of them don’t even have the function of an automatic turn off while they are untouched. These irons have high steam production, so they easily remove the wrinkles from the dry linen clothes. There is no spray functionality, but the steam flow is very high.
- Cordless Irons: these types of steam irons are not effective as they don’t have a cord. If you are going somewhere and want to carry your iron on that occasion, there are best as these iron works on the batteries.
Water Tank Capacity
If you want to finish the ironing clothes in less time, then the water capacity of a tank should be high. Larger water capacity means the higher amount of steam iron can produce for a longer time. A smaller tank needs to be refilled again and again to produce the steam. Larger tanks offer continuous steam for longer periods.
Amount of Steam
It is another important feature that should consider before buying a steam iron. It would be best if you always went for a product that produces a higher number of streams. This gives you surety about the regular usage and irons the toughest clothes easily. A good steam iron can produce a significant amount of heat per minute according to its capacity. The vents/holes that present on the soleplate distributes the steam equally, which can iron up the strongest clothes easily.
The next thing that we must consider that steam iron is capable of doing vertical Steaming. While deciding which steam iron is best for you, it’s better to choose an option that can control the amount of steam produced.
Number of Steam Vents
It is an important feature that we must have a look before buying a steam iron. Because the number of vents/holes and their placing on the soleplate is an important characteristic. If you are required to have a powerful steam burst, then you must go with the steam iron that has 15/45 vents/holes in its soleplate. The higher number of steam vents/holes consumes higher wattages to produce the steam through each vent/holes.
Moreover, some models of steam irons are coming with the spray valve placed at the nose of iron, which works with a push button. This is because these spray valves produce fine sprinkles on the clothes, which makes it easy to remove the wrinkles from the tough clothes.
Sole Plate Type
The durability of the steam iron depends upon the soleplate. There are more numbers of vents/holes if you buy a steam iron with a wider soleplate. The wider plate helps you in covering a large portion of cloth in a small amount of time. The pointy portion of soleplate helps you to cover the difficult portion of cloth-like collars of a shirt, between the buttons and pleats.
Generally, the soleplate in both advanced steam and conventional irons are made up of either aluminum or coated with titanium, poly-Teflon, ceramic and other non-stick materials. These materials provide smooth finishing to the soleplate, which is helpful in easy movement over clothes. The chance of burning and damage decreases. Some of the common soleplate materials that use nowadays.
- Stainless Steel– for ironing natural fabrics like wool, cotton this material is best for them. As we know, these fabrics are good at conducting heat. These soleplates are much better in removing wrinkles from the clothes.
- Aluminum– the most expensive material, but it is good at distributing the heat.
- Ceramic– steam irons that come with the ceramic soleplates, more of the time these plates are made up of aluminum with the ceramic coating on them. If you want to use a steam iron on the synthetic fiber most of the time, then this one is a good choice.
The performance of the steam iron depends on the weight of steam iron. If the steam iron is heavy, then it might cause pain in your hands and shoulders if you use it for hours. And if the weight of steam iron is light, then you wouldn’t be able to remove the wrinkles easily. So, it’s better to choose iron, which is not much heavy as well as not to much light weighted.
Steam irons with lots of features might have a high price in the market. But buy the steam iron that fulfills your requirements in the amount of money you want to invest.
To gain a high temperature in just a few seconds, you are required to have a steam iron that consumes high watts of electric power. As much higher, the wattage will decide the time you take to finish your work. The wattage also affects the steam build quality.
Heat Up Time Required
Only two-three minutes are required to an idle steam iron to heat up. Not only heating up, but an idle steam iron also consumes very little time to produce steam. So, the best quality of steam iron ensures you that you can use heat and steam on the clothes easily in taking less time.
Getting confused in deciding which steam iron is best for you. Must read our buying guide carefully. The information that we have provided in the above content that will lead you to make a good decision and choose the best steam iron in India for yourself. We choose Philips’s easy speed plus GC2040 steam iron as our top pick. This product comes from a trusted brand with all the features at a reasonable price. The brand Philips promises you to deliver the best quality of the product, so you don’t feel disappointed after buying products of this brand. We have provided you the product reviews and brief buying guide that help you in your decision making. If still, we miss out on mentioning something then must comment. Choose a product that is best in fulfilling your requirements.