Every Indian Kitchen needs a Mixer grinder as almost every Indian recipe is best enjoyed with chutneys. From poppy seeds to coconut, everything gets ground easily in a mixer grinder making the entire process of cooking hassle-free. Now you can make ginger garlic paste, onion chutney, coconut chutney, cooking batter, tomato chutney, coriander leave paste, and even cashew paste effortlessly just by plugging the appliance to the electricity. To help you make a best buying decision, we have given a quick reviews of 10 best mixer grinder in India.
While choosing a mixer for your kitchen, make sure that you select the best one. There are multiple brands in the market selling mixer grinders like Panasonic, Philips, Preethi, Morphy Richards, Bajaj, Preethi and much more. The variation in wattage and the number of jars are critical while choosing a mixer grinder for your kitchen.
Best Mixer Grinder in India
Here are the best mixer grinder in India ranked, in order:
1. Preethi Zodiac MG 218 – 750 watt Mixer Grinder with 5 jars
As technology and science have made our lives easier, the traditional stone grinders have been replaced with the modern day incarnations of them, namely the mixer grinders. A smart kitchen with an updated mixer grinder is must, and the Preethi Zodiac MG 218 – 750 watt Mixer Grinder with 5 jars is one of the best sellers in the market with following super-features.
- India's No 1 Mixer-Grinder Brand(as per Francis Kanoi) ; Performance Features: This Preethi mixer grinder has a powerful motor that ensures robust...
- Master Chef + Jar for food processing capabilities: Atta Kneading in 1 min, Chopping in just 2 pulses, Grating and Slicing in seconds, Meat mincing in...
- Centrifugal juicer to prepare fruit and vegetable juices
- Super Extractor capable of extracting milk/tamarind essence
- Blender for preparing dosa milkshakes and lassi
- Multifunctional stainless steel blades
- Rotary speed controls
- Long list of accessories that includes kneader in addition to the jars and blades
- Safety features available
2. Panasonic MX-AC400 – 550 watts 4 Jar Mixer Grinder
Add a dash of style to your modern kitchen and get yourself one Panasonic MX-AC400 – 550 watt 4 Jar Mixer Grinder to serve mouth watering dishes every time, your preparations are sure to earn admiration once you choose this mixer grinder to arrange for all the necessary blends, pastes, chutneys and shakes using this fantastic product. It comes with multiple features that make it a perfect choice for any urban household.
- Safety locking system as per international standard and 5 years motor warranty
- Flow breaker Jar help to increase grinding efficiency
- A 550-watt motor makes it ideal for the Indian kitchen
- Circuit breaker system to cater to overloads
- 4-speed selection
- 4 jars that include blender, juicer jar, mill jar and chutney jar
- Stainless steel Samurai edge blades capable of grinding meat and other hard substances
- Best Mixer grinder for Dosa Batter and Chutneys
- High-quality safety features
Also Read – Best Juicer in India
3. Philips Viva Collection HL7701/00 Mixer Grinder, 750W, 4 Jars
Philips is undoubtedly the one name that stands for quality and justifies every parameter of it. If you are planning to get a new mixer for your kitchen, this Philips HL 7701/00 – 750 watt 4 jar Mixer cum Blender jar with fruit filter would be a great choice. The ergonomic built; the aesthetic look and the superior features are some of the reason for getting this product to enhance your collection of kitchen appliances.
- Power: 750 watt ; Speed setting: 3 and pulse ; Power indicator: Yes
- Operating voltage: 220-240 volt, Rpm: 11,000 RPM (approx.)
- 750-watt motor capable of catering to heavy loads
- The vertical design makes it look aesthetic
- Advanced designing eliminates unnecessary sound while operation
- Auto shut off feature in case of overloading
- Multipurpose jar for mixing, grinding and blending
- Front control knobs makes your job of operating the mixie easy
- Reverse quadra flow jars prevent sticking to the walls
- Adequate safety measures
This Preethi Blue Leaf Diamond 750 watt Mixer Grinder 3-piece is a wonderful product that will make your dishes tastier in flavor and less time consuming while preparing. The blue and white combination lends this mixer a sophisticated look that will be an added advantage to the overall décor of your kitchen.
- India's No 1 Mixer-Grinder Brand(as per Francis Kanoi), Suitable for Wet Grinding, Liquidizing
- This product does not require installation. please contact brand customer care for any product related queires. Customer service number: 9940000005
- An efficient appliance, this mixie saves a lot of power
- Shockproof plastic body makes it attractive
- Flexi lid allows for conversion capacity of the jar
- Stainless steel jars for higher efficiency
- Rotary front control features make it look attractive
- One of the best budget mixer grinders suitable for a small family
Also Read – Best Vegetable Chopper in India
Philips is one name that can be trusted blindfolded and this Philips HL 7720 750-watt Mixer Grinder with 3 jars is an amazing mixer within budget. The ergonomic structure, the aesthetic design, and the safety measures make this product a must for every kitchen. If you have a small family and everyone loves to eat differently every day, try this product to add some variations to your regular servings.
- Wattage: 750 W; Voltage: 230 V
- No of Jars: 3; Jar Size: Wet Jar (1.5 Litre), Multipurpose Jar (1 Litre), Chutney Jar (0.4 Litre) ; Jar Material: Stainless Steel; Body Material: ABS;...
- Auto cut-off protection in case of overloading
- 3 different jars for specific purposes
- Advanced ventilation system reduces the heat
- The open fit coupler is an additional safety feature
- Child lock facility
Cooking is not always all about sweat and time; lovely delicacies can be prepared with ease and less time. If you have good kitchen appliances in your kitchen, great recipes are just a few minutes away. This Philips HL 7710/00 – 600 watt Mixer Grinder is a wonderful product that will make cooking hassle-free for everyone.
- Power: 600 watts; Operating voltage: 230 volts
- Warranty: 2 years on product
- 600-watt motor makes it apt for a small Indian family
- The open coupler attachment allows for easy cleaning
- Strong stainless steel blades
- Suitable for making excellent Dosa, Idly batter.
- 3 jars for various purposes
- Enhanced ventilation system
Also Read – Best Wet Grinder in India
Try this Maharaja Whiteline Mg Joy Elite (MX-166) 750-watt Mixie that will help you in every attempt of yours. The fine blending and superior performance make this a favorite product. Maharaja being a well-known name in the market, one can easily bank on it. If you have plans to get a new mixer for your kitchen, think of getting this one that is affordable and efficient.
- Power - 750w and blades - ss - super sharp
- Warranty: warranty: 2 year on product and 5 year on motor
- 4 jars of different sizes for addressing various needs
- 750-watt motor allows for higher efficiency and power
- Frontal rotary controls add to the attraction
- Good speed of 18000 rpm
- Made from high-grade plastic
One of the best international brands of high repute, Morphy Richards is a name that comes on the top of the list of electronic appliances. From the extensive gamut of products, choose a mixer grinder for your kitchen that will aesthetically justify your kitchen décor and will let you experiment with any recipe to your heart’s content. If you have been willing to prepare some south Indian delicacies that need elaborate arrangements of batters and pastes but did not do so owing to the hassle involved, this mixer from Morphy Richards will be your onetime solution.
- Do not worry if you experience some burning smell when you run your mixer grinder for the 1st time .This is due to the motor varnish getting heated...
- Since your mixer grinder runs on a powerful motor, there will be some noise. If the noise level seems abnormal, please contact Brand Service Centre
- The 500-watt motor performs the toughest jobs with ease
- 3 stainless steel blades that fit inside all the jars
- 3 jars of different sizes
- Overload protection facility available
Also Read – Best Air Fryer in India
Bajaj Rex 500-Watt Mixie with 3 jars is a useful product that can effortlessly ease off your kitchen works. With the reliable name associated with the product, you can rely on the mixer in terms of durability and performance. It comes with some of the essential and superior features that make it an advanced one.
- Wattage: 500 W; Voltage: 220-240V ; Revolution: 20000
- No of Jars: 3; Jar Size: 1.20 Litre liquidizing jar, 0.8 Litre multi purpose jar, 0.3 Litre chutney jar; Jar Material: Stainless Steel; Body Material:...
- 3-speed control with incher for momentary operation
- Multifunctional blades
- Stylish look
- 3 stainless steel jars
- Rustproof plastic body
- Frontal rotary controls
- 500-watt motor
This Bajaj Twister 750-watt Mixer Grinder with 3 jars is a perfect appliance for any modern household. Following are some features that make it a must for every Indian kitchen.
- Do not worry if you experience some burning smell when you run your mixer grinder for the 1st time. This is due to the motor varnish getting heated...
- Since your mixer grinder runs on a powerful motor, there will be some noise. If the noise level seems abnormal, please contact Brand Service Centre
- 750 watt motor makes it a powerful appliance
- 30 minutes rating
- 3 stainless steel jars
- The provision of transparent domes and clips makes it a flexible appliance.
- The motor comes with a 5 year guarantee
- Overload protector available
Also Read – Best Food Processor in India
Mixer Grinder Buying Guide
If you are planning to get one mixer for your kitchen, it is of much importance that you look into the features and specifications of the mixer to ensure that you invest in the best. Earlier, the grinding was done by stone grinders, and the effort involved was hectic. But the first name that introduced the concept of electrical mixer grinders to India is Sumeet.
Being one of the pioneering brands, Sumeet was synonymous with mixer grinders. There was at least one Sumeet product there in every household of that time. However, today there are more than sufficient brands available selling a variety of mixer grinders. To chose the best one for you’re the following parameters are needed to be kept in mind.
Choose the mixer grinder depending on the wattage and motor efficiency. Also, take note of the power consumption criteria as there are many mixers available in the market these days that promote energy saving and are ideal for any household.
Make sure that the mixer you choose for your kitchen comes equipped with the best safety features. Check if the mixer has overload protection or not.
Jars & Blades
Ensure that your mixer comes with multiple jars catering to the various requirements of the kitchen. The blades are also crucial as they are critical in maintaining the quality of grinding. Ideally, the stainless steel blades are the best as they are sharp and rust proof.
Check if your chosen mixer has an updated ventilation system associated with it or not. If you use the mixer for long, it should not get heated or else it would be prone to malfunctions later.
There are multiple brands in the market selling premium quality mixer grinders. Some of the most renowned names to choose your mixer from would be Philips, Morphy Richards, Bajaj, Preethi, Panasonic, etc.
Make sure that you invest your hard earned money in the right mixer. Warranty period is a must check for all the mixers.
Almost every kitchen today has an urban look and a modular kitchen set up. Make sure that the mixer you choose has the perfect sleek looks that will match the updated arrangements of the kitchen décor.
Types of Mixers
The multiple activities associated with the mixer grinders have made the mixers different in terms of functions, and each of them has a separate name for it. Mixer and grinder are two different part of the machine and have separate works for them. Here is a brief for each of them that is necessary these days for any kitchen.
Most of the cuisines in India are either directly related to some sort of paste or are served with some kind of chutneys. Hence, is it of much importance to have a finer mixer at your home. Mixer generally transforms the ingredients into a semi-liquid mixture like purees, vegetable pastes required to make curry, batters and much more. Mixers can be of two varieties like the hand blended one and the stand mixer.
To blend eggs or milk into a smooth, homogeneous liquid mixture, hand blenders are of much importance. These blenders come equipped with a motor that helps in blending and the ingredients easily. All you need is just a bowl in which the blending could be done. Being a hand driven device, this blender is known as hand blender and is a very utilitarian product for an urban kitchen.
When it comes to blending harder grains, hand mixers are not apt. Instead, use the stand mixers that make it easier to form the perfect dough for your evening snacks. From whipping cream to preparing the batter for chicken, every single mixing work is effortlessly done with the help of stand mixer. Your kitchen is sure to be updated with a perfect stand blender in it.
Grinders vary a little from the mixers in terms of its functioning. Unlike the mixer, grinders are specialized in making hard ingredients reduce to dust form. Be it cardamom, turmeric, coffee beans, lentils, cereals, or spices; a grinder is a must for every modern kitchen to bring the best taste to the dishes.
The Mixie or the Mixer cum Grinder
The colloquial term dedicated to the combination of mixer and grinder is Mixie. Though it is not a perfect technical term, it has a wide recognition among the mass as a nickname for mixer and grinder. As the name suggests, this appliance does a dual role. It allows the user to make the necessary liquid pastes and chutneys while the grinding of spices and lentils are also possible. In general, separate jars are accompanied with the mixer grinders for dry and wet grinding. The wet grinding jars are generally of bigger volumes. These jars are made of stainless steel ensuring a superior look and rust resistance capacity.
The Juicer cum Mixer cum Grinder is the best appliance for any household to have. Owing to its multi-utility aspect, the Juicer cum Mixer cum Grinder is becoming very popular these days.
Advantages Of Using Mixer Grinders
Mixer grinders are one of the most popular and use kitchen appliances in India. Indians have always been known as food lovers. The variety of spices and flavours has eternally made Indian foods explicitly beautiful and enjoyable. And being the forebears of such rich culture, it is our responsibility to save and savor it. However, the clutches of busy running hours hardly give us any time for ourselves, let alone be cooking. The smell from the mother’s or grandmother’s kitchen still mesmerizes us. It is nothing but the magic of Indian spices. Therefore, mixer grinders present you with the opportunity to cook and enjoy your meals while still managing time for your work.
Using these devices gives a boost to your cooking speed. Traditionally making the spices is a matter of time and dedication. But with the mixer grinders without committing anything at all, you get the finest result. Hence, whether your previous mixer grinder has broken or you are all set to buy a new one for the first time, you should know some of the benefits you are likely to receive from your purchase. Make sure that you choose the right one or else you will end up losing your investment pretty sooner. All our listed mixer grinders are the best in class and offer excellent advantages of using them.
Easy To Use
Usability is one of the major issues while using any electronic appliance. And when it is about the kitchen, the instrument has to be user-friendly as the kitchen is a place where almost every age group works. For example, if you buy something with lots of features and your mother (who does not quite understand the modern devices) fails to get that, it would make her more uncomfortable. And while comfortable cooking is necessary, mixer grinders are one of the simplest devices you can ever buy for your kitchen. They do not have many features or anything hard to understand. But, they offer extremely simple operations that anyone can use. Therefore, bringing a mixer grinder home means an easy yet powerful cooking experience.
Saves Your Time
We all are running out of time. It has become more difficult for us to manage everything in one single day. The era of multitasking has forced us to do things simultaneously without rest. However, good food can become a great relief for a busy, tiresome day. Cooking needs time and dedication. And when it is some Indian dish where spices are a must, one may need to put a large amount of focus and time. However, you can dodge that with mixer grinders. The mixer grinders are powerful devices that do all your mixing, chopping, and grinding jobs within minutes. Thus, you do not have to put so much time behind one single job but do other things in a pretty manageable way.
Electricity charges are hiking day by day. And with the usage of more electronic appliances, we are paying huge electricity bills every month. Therefore, it is normal to be concerned about adding one more to that list. But you would be glad to know that a mixer grinder is an extremely energy-efficient device which, despite consuming less power, offers a powerful performance. Hence, there is no compromise with power for energy. You can always bring a mixer grinder in your home and use it regularly without worrying about any hike in your electricity bills. It gives you peace of mind and savings in your pocket.
Maintenance can be a headache for someone using some electronic appliances. After all, there is no denying, good maintenance is the key to better performance over a long period. But as mixer grinder is becoming more available in the market, and since they are extremely easy to use, they do not require any special maintenance service from the brand. All that has to be done, you can do it yourself. Most of its maintenance is related to the cleaning of the device. Using a little amount of detergent, one can easily clean these devices. The easy DIY maintenance process keeps your product in sound health and lets you enjoy its service for longer.
Enhances The Decor
Modern mixer grinders have an extremely classy and beautiful design. With more people decorating their kitchen and maintaining a favourable kitchen ambiance, it has become one of the priorities of the manufacturers to serve something which is both efficient and attractive. Buying a mixer grinder and using it in your kitchen would increase its decor. The mixer grinders go quite well with the modern kitchen interiors and enhance it more. These machines are also available in several colors or shades as well as models. You can always choose one of your preferences or something that goes with your kitchen interior setting.
Maintenance Tips To Keep Your Mixer Grinder Safe
You should always take good care of your electrical appliance. It keeps these safe and sound for longer and safeguards your investment. Therefore, you should always take good care of your mixer grinder. We have mentioned some of the maintenance steps below that would keep your mixer grinder working for you for several years.
Clean It After Every Use
Keeping your mixer grinder clean is necessary. You can start wiping it with a mild cleaning dishwasher gel and gently rub the mixer grinder machine. Hereafter, remove the excess soap water using a clean wet wipe. Thus, you can always keep it hygienic.
Always Use The Recommended Accessories
Many mixer grinder accessories are available in the market. But you should always use the recommended ones to avoid any damage to your machine.
Don’t Run For Too Long
Never run your mixer grinder for too long. It would then overload the motor and can burn it. Instead, you can use it with breaks. For example, if you have a lot of jobs to do, take a break of 10 minutes after every 15-20 minutes of continuous operation.
Always check the accessories and the parts carefully before using it. Any damage or flaw to the machine can cause harm to both the device and you. If you find anything damaged or broken, prefer to change or fix it as soon as possible.
How Do You Choose a Mixer Grinder for You?
There are many in the market that claim to be your best company in the kitchen. However, it is your responsibility to select the best out of it. There are some of the criteria that make the mixer grinder perfect for your kitchen and while making the final choice, these are needed to be kept in mind.
There are some technical terms associated with the functioning of the mixer grinders which are critical and everyone intending to buy one should have a fair idea about them.
Wattage signifies the power of a motor and the higher the wattage is, the more massive load the mixer can grind at a time. For regular kitchen requirements, Indian household prefers a wattage between 550 watts and 600 watts. If you need to grind large quantities at a go, you can also choose a mixer with 750 and wattage.
Rotation per minute is abbreviated as RPM, and higher the rotation, more powerful is the motor. Regular mixers feature a speed of 15000 rpm, and with higher RPM, you can enjoy lesser time for grinding.
Rating in minutes
The standard time is 30 minutes with 5 minutes run time and 3 minutes pause time to keep the health of the motor in good condition. If you run the mixer for a more extended period at a go, this might heat up the machine damaging the motor.
While choosing a mixer grinder, make sure that you select the best brand with wide options available for servicing. Also, do a local research that will help you to take the right decision. Another aspect that needs attention is the availability of the spare parts of the machine. Make sure that the blades and the rubber gasket can be replaced minus any hassle.
Most of the modern kitchens are aesthetically done with the interiors and the same demands for a matching sleek mixer grinder. Hence, choose the one that looks slim and fits in any corner of your kitchen.
As far as the electrical appliances are concerned, safety measures are a must. Choose the mixer that comes with best of the safety gears like lid locks, overload protection and fast cooling technology to ensure hassle free cooking.
Overloading Protection Feature
Overloading protection is a must feature that you must look for while getting a new mixer grinder for you. Even if you overload the machine unknowingly, the same will get turned off automatically ensuring no hazard.
Quality Of Accessories
The jars, blades and the lids are the accessories that come with the mixer grinders and are of much importance. Make sure that your mixer has all of them and in good quality.
Now that you know what you should look for in your mixer grinder, here is brief guide to seal the deal.
- Avoid using hot ingredients as you can damage the jar walls
- Ensure to add sufficient water while making Idly, Dosa Batters and purees
- It is important to have proper earthing systems in place to avoid unnecessary accidents
- Allow air inside the jar to escape before operating the mixie
That was a pretty huge and detailed guide on how to buy best mixer grinder in India. We have provided all the info we could get from various sources like forums, customer reviews, etc so that you don’t have problem in finding the best fit for you.
If you have any problem, feel free to get in touch with us via comment box below and our team will reply you in the next 24 hours.
Are you confused to choose best mixer grinder? If yes, don’t worry. After testing we have made the list of best mixer grinders in India.