These days, there are plenty of different options that are available to you when it comes to top quality mattresses. They will give you the comfort and pleasure that you are looking for at the end of a hard and backbreaking day. Get a tight sleep and feel refreshed the next morning to give it a go once again! In the following section, you will be offered a brief insight into some of the best mattress in India. It would help to narrow down your search and go for the one that suits your budget and taste.
In India, there are plenty of different brands available when it comes to mattresses. It can be quite confusing to select the best out of them, as there are so many different options available. At the end of the day, you need to make sure that you have the best quality material installed which would give you and your guests’ optimum comfort.
Best Mattress in India
Here are the best mattress in India ranked, in order:
This is one of the best brands available in India as far as orthopedic mattresses are concerned. What makes Wake-Fit mattresses so special is the fact that they are available with a manufacturer warranty of 20 years! Memory foam of the best quality is used in the process of manufacturing these mattresses; as a result, they are ideal when it comes to providing support to your back. These are your best options if you are looking for a comfortable and deep sleep
- Length (78 Inches), Width (60 Inches), Height (8 Inches)
- Color : White , Mattress Feel : Medium Firm.
- One of the best mattresses available in India which are made of memory foam
- It comes with an excellent cover which is made of the top-notch quality of cotton fabric, which not only makes it look classy but at the same time gives it the protection it requires
- The foam used in this mattress is of high density which makes them soft and comfortable
- A 20-year manufacturing warranty is hard to find in Indian market!
If you are looking for one of the most comfortable mattresses in India, in that case, the Dreamzee Orthocare Memory Foam Eurotop mattress would just be the perfect option for you. These mattresses are available with extra support at the edges which are meant for preventing shagging that might occur at the corners. These mattresses are available in Queen size and in terms of Indian standards the size is quite large
- Comfort Level - It has “ SOFT ” comfort level. Being Soft at the top and medium firm at the bottom. It’s a reversible mattress having “ Dual...
- Cushioning Layer - Drift into deeper and peaceful sleep with this mattress as it cradles your body with a deluxe cushioning of 1” Cool Memory Foam...
- These mattresses have top quality support features which are meant to help maintain proper posture of the body.
- The memory foam is made of heat sensitive material which is an ideal option when it comes to taking care of the spine.
- It comes with Visco memory foam, which is 2 inch in width, offers high level of comfort and mind blowing experience.
- These mattresses come with a 5 years manufacturing warranty.
- The Eurotop finish gives it a premium and classy look.
Also Read – Best Sewing Machine in India
These mattresses are available with cooling crystals that are meant to regulate the temperature of the body, which offers optimum level of comfort and gives a good night’s sleep. It also provides excellent support to the back which ensure that the proper posture is being maintained
- Dimensions: Length (78 inches), Width (60 inches), Height (6 iniches). Bed size: Queen
- Mattress comfort: Medium Firm ; Material: 1 inch Gel Memory Foam, 5 inch High Density Base Support Foam
- These mattresses comes with a therapeutic layer which helps in the process of distributing the weight of the body evenly and helps you to get a comfortable sleep throughout the night
- These mattresses come with high density foam which adds durability, structure and strength to the mattress.
- The quality of the foam inside the mattresses is maintained by the breezy air cover which also provides excellent flow of air throughout the mattress.
- Excellent quality of GSM knitted fabric is used to make the outer cover which offers additional flexibility and comfort. The cover, which is hand-crafted can easily be removed for the purpose of cleaning spots
- This mattress comes in a box and no additional amount needs to be paid for delivery
- The company donates 1 mattress for every 10 they sell
- It is one of the best brands available in India when it comes to foam mattresses.
The Sleepyhead foam mattress is one of the best mattresses to have. It comes with layers of springy breathable foam and memory foam. This is a queen sized foam mattress and is ideal for the beds used in India. It offers the perfect amount of bounce and firmness which you need to have a good night’s sleep
- Primary Dimensions: Length (198.1 cm) , Width (152.4 cm) , Height (15.2 cm)
- Primary Material: Foam
- You can buy this mattress online which will make a reduction in price of up to 60%
- The product is delivered in an excellent pack. All that you need to do is to unpack it as you do it with a blanket
- One of the best features of this product is the fact that it comes with a free trial of 100 days
- The mattress offers optimum firmness which supports all types of bodies
- It offers perfect bounce and will not disturb your partner even when you are tossing around the bed
- It comes with 3 layers of substantial foam which provides the optimum level of density
- The washable outer cover that comes with this mattress, allows you to keep it dust free and clean
Also Read – Best Vacuum Cleaner in India
This dual comfort mattress can be used from both sides. On the one side, it offers a firm mattress while on the other side; it comes with a soft surface. As a result, this dual comfort mattress can be used according to the requirement and with the changing conditions of the weather
- Length (78 Inches), Width (60 Inches), Height (6 Inches)
- Color : White , Mattress Feel : Medium Firm & Medium Soft on Different Sides
- The firmer side of this mattress can be used during the winters, while the semi-soft side can be used during other seasons
- High-density foam is being used in this mattress and they are of the best quality available.
- This product is dispatched from the factory directly
- This mattress comes with an mattress cover which is made of excellent quality quilted cotton fabric
- This mattress comes with a manufacturing warranty of 5 years and hence takes care of the manufacturing defects for a long time
In this mattress “inner stripping” technology is being used which provides it with the best-quality back support. When it comes to the comfort factor, this mattress has to be your number one choice as the quilting is made of top quality foam
- Primary Material: Foam, Subtype: Bonnel Spring, Subtype: Foam | Colour: White | Colour : White
- Assembly Not Required
- Bonnel spring construction mechanism is used in the process of manufacturing this mattress. It makes sure that the mattress is light and at the same time, the flow of air is enhanced
- This mattress comes with anti-corrosive springs which ensures a longer life span
- The top layer of this mattress is made of super soft and high-quality foam which offers additional comfort. You can spend hours together sleeping in the same position without having to toss around.
- The foam casing and additional spring support prevents rolling and shagging
- If you are suffering from spine pain, then this mattress would just be the perfect option for you
- It comes with a 5 years manufacturing warranty which covers all kinds of manufacturing defects
Since 1962, Kurl-On has been the largest selling mattress company in India. It is a name to be reckoned with. This is a queen sized spring mattress with a size of 6 inches. This mattress is available in wide range of different types of colors. It is ideal when it comes to providing best support to your back and spine.
If you are looking for a perfect blend of softness and firmness, then this mattress would just be the best option for you. Over the years, it has proven to be as one of the best double bed mattresses to be available in India
- Product Dimensions: Length (72 inches), Width (60 inches), Height (6 inches)
- Primary Material: Spring
- It comes with high-tensile Bonnel springs which are strong and durable and can withstand heavy loads
- The springs come with a Thermo bond encasing which prevents them from damaging the layers of the mattress
- The thick PU foam of the mattress ensures that you get maximum area to sleep on and at the same time offers you a highly comfortable sleep
- This mattress is designed with Kurlopedic technology which makes the mattress a ideal choice as it offers optimum alignment to the spine and also offers comfort to other parts of the body
- This mattress remains devoid of dust mites, bed bugs and microbes all the time
- This mattress comes with a 5-year manufacturing warranty and 1 year of replacement warranty
Also Read – Best Ceiling Fans in India
Nilkamal is another well known brand of mattress in India. These mattresses are being manufactured after conducting a thorough research on the sleeping habits and the weather condition that prevail in this part of the world.
Nilkamal is the first company in India to use Height and Weight Chart which allows the buyers to select the best firmness for them. There are 4 different types of firmness these mattresses are available in India
- Product Dimensions: Length (78 inches), Width (36 inches), Height (4 inches)
- Primary Material: Evlon/Lux Foam
- It comes with intelligent sleep technology which ensures that you get the best comfort
- Lux/Elvon Foam is being used by the company for manufacturing these mattresses
- These mattresses are available with an warranty period of 2 years
- This multi-layered mattress offers optimum comfort
When it comes to the Coir mattresses, they are known for their firmness. These mattresses are available with a perfect blend of active bond material and PU foam. This mattress comes with an ergonomic design and offers the perfect balance in terms of weight
- The main material to be used in this mattress is coir. Hence, it can be called a eco-friendly product
- This mattress is made of perfect blend of active bond material and PU foam
- This mattress offers a springy feel that helps a lot when it comes to maintaining the proper circulation of blood in the body
- This mattress comes with “Bounce Back” feature which makes it even more special
- This mattress is made of cotton fabric. The durable outer portion of this mattress ensures that it would last for a long period of time
- This mattress comes with an warranty period of 1 year
- It is a single-bed mattress that offers optimum comfort and support
These are essentially latex mattress and are very eco friendly. This is a single-sized mattress and is a portable one. It offers optimum level of comfort. One of the main benefits of this product is the fact that it can be used on different types of surfaces. This is a highly versatile mattress
- The matress offers good comfort and can be used over various surfaces. It Can be rolled and stored where place is minimal.
- Natural Latex Foam is dust and mite resistant .lt is highly hygienic, healthy to use and easy to maintain.
- If you are looking for top-quality comfort, then this mattress is the best option available to you. It comes with all the qualities and features of memory foam mattresses
- This mattress comes with anti-microbial features which ensures that it remain fresh and free from all kinds of contaminations
- This is a portable mattress and can be stored anywhere. It occupies a very little amount of space
- The washable protector that comes with this mattress is made of natural rubber. This mattress is quite healthy to use
- This mattress comes in a wide range of different types of designs and colors which would suit your preferences and tastes
- It comes with a high-quality zipper that works perfectly under different temperatures
Also Read – Best Water Heater in India
Mattress Buying Guide
There are various aspects that need to be taken into consideration like thickness, size, motion isolation, providing support, comforting ability, and others. In the following section, a detailed insight will be offered to each of these
In India, the sizes of the mattresses are different compared to other countries. Therefore, before buying one, you need to make sure that it fits the size of your bed. However, there are standard sized mattresses that are available in the market like, Twin, Single, Double or Full, Twin XL, Queen, King, California King, and others. Not all these different sizes are available in India. Here you will only find mattresses of the following sizes:
- Double Size Mattresses
- Singe Size Mattresses
- King Size Mattresses
- Queen Size Mattresses
These are some of the standard sizes that are available in the market. You can also go for a customized size which would fit the size of your bed.
Thickness of the Mattress:
When it comes to the thickness of the mattress, it is one of the most essential features. Most of the mattresses are 10 inches in terms of thickness. However, there are mattresses available whose thickness varies from 5 to 15 inches. Your body weight plays an important role when it comes to selecting the right thickness of the mattresses
There are 2 important factors that determine the firmness of the mattresses, which are
- The weight of the individual who will be sleeping on it.
- The position in which the individual normally sleeps in.
Those who weigh less than 60m kg would normally opt for softer mattresses, while those who weigh in excess of 60 kg should look for firmer options. The firmness of the mattress is an important aspect that needs to be taken into consideration as the comforting ability of the mattresses to a great extent depends on it.
The position in which an individual sleeps also plays an important role. Those who are used to sleeping on their sides prefer softer mattresses and on the other hand, those who sleep on their back look for firmer and heavier options. It offers comfort.
Therefore, it can be inferred that when it comes to the softer mattresses, they are the best options for the side sleepers and those who sleep on their stomach, for them, firmer mattresses should be the best option
What are the Types of Mattresses Available in India?
The following types of mattresses are usually available in India
- Spring Mattress
- Coir Mattress
- Memory Foam Mattress
- Foam Mattress
- Re-bound Foam Mattress
- Latex Mattress
- Airbed Mattress
Here is a brief discussion on each of them
Compared to coir mattresses, the spring ones are the better options. The fact that these mattresses come with springs, make them bouncy. As far as the life span is concerned, a spring mattress can last for 6 years. It, however, depends on how it is being used. Using a mattress topper for a spring mattress would be a good idea.
- These are bouncy mattresses
- They provide a medium level of comfort to those who are suffering from back pain
- As far as price is concerned, they are quite affordable
- The durability of these mattresses are of medium range
- Motion transfer is being exhibited by these mattresses. It can disturb your sleep if someone moves around
These types of mattresses were innovated in India and are only available in India. Usually, coconut coir is used to make these types of mattresses. Out of all the mattresses that are available in the market, these are considered to be the most eco-friendly. They are firm and hard and might not offer the same level of comfort as the ones made of foam. But the fact that they are economical makes them popular in the market. These mattresses do not last as the other mattresses do. The average lifespan of these mattresses is 5 years.
- These mattresses come with a firm base
- These mattresses are economical
- Motion transfer is not being exhibited by them
- The fact that these mattresses are formed, can cause pain and discomfort
- If someone is suffering from back pain or stiffness, the condition might become worse for them
- They do not last for a long period of time
Memory Foam Mattress:
These are the type of foam mattresses; however, there is a difference. These mattresses come with an open cell structure which allows the mattress to retain pressure and register it even when you get off the bed. The fact that it can remember the points of pressure, hence it is called “memory foam mattress”. These mattresses can be used by both stomach and side sleepers. These are considered to be the best options for the side sleepers
- These mattresses offer a high level of comfort and can mold according to the pressure exerted upon them and are also capable of distributing the pressure equally throughout the surface
- For those who are suffering from spine pain, for them, these are the best options.
- Those who are suffering from shoulder pain can also get comfort by sleeping in these mattresses
- One of the best features of the memory foam mattresses is the fact that they help to maintain the proper body temperature
As far as spinal alignment is concerned, memory foam mattresses are the best options
The foam contains polyurethane which makes the mattress free from dirt and helps to prevent allergy
- If you are looking for proper support, in that case, then these mattresses are not the best options. These mattresses are way too soft to provide the proper support
- If you are in the habit of tossing and turning around while you are sleeping, then these mattresses are not the best option for you
- This mattress can cause sweating and those who are sensitive to high temperature can find it to be quite uncomfortable
- Different types of chemicals are used in the process of manufacturing these mattresses, which can create a certain degree of discomfort for the users. However, the smell disappears after a couple of days
These are the most popular types of mattresses to be used in India. Here the foam is used instead of coir. This makes the mattresses soft and offers optimum level of comfort. These mattresses have the tendency of sagging towards the ends. These mattresses are considered to be the best option for those who are suffering from back pain. Besides, what makes these mattresses so special is the fact that they do not exhibit motion transfers and they last for a long period of time which can extend up to 8 years
- These mattresses are considered to be the most durable ones to be available in the market
- Those who are suffering from hip and back pain, for them, these mattresses are the best sleeping option
- They do not cause any sort of disturbance or discomfort when your partner is tossing and moving around in the bed
- These are the perfect options in cold temperatures as the foam helps to maintain the body heat and offers a great level of comfort
- These mattresses are expensive compared to the coir and spring mattresses
- As far as foam mattresses are concerned, they are sensitive to heat. It can make you sweat if you are sensitive to high temperature
- The body tends to sink in the mattress while you toss and move around in your sleep
Rebonded Foam Mattresses:
In these types of mattresses, scrap foam and reclaimed foam are glued together using a particular amount of pressure. These mattresses are the perfect alternative to the coir ones. However, these are considered to be better options than the coir mattresses because of their cushioning advantage, energy absorption, and compressibility.
- These mattresses offer better refreshment and sleep
- Those who are suffering from shoulder pain and are side sleepers, for them, this is the best option. It offers the proper support which helps to keep the spine and shoulder in proper shape
- These mattresses are devoid of any springs; however, they offer the same level of bounciness
- These are the least expensive among all the foam mattresses that are available in the market
- Recycled materials are used for stuffing the mattress. This makes it an eco-friendly option
- There are different types of chemicals that are used in these mattresses which might cause inflammation. Toxic emissions can also be released by these mattresses, which makes them not the perfect option for children
- When it comes to rebounded mattresses, then one should go for the CertiPUR-US certified ones. However, these mattresses are not available in India and need to be imported
- These are quite expensive options
In these mattresses, latex is being used instead of foam. Apart from latex, these mattresses also contain poly-foams and different other types of materials. These mattresses come with a wide range of different level of firmness which suits people with different types of sleeping habits. There are 2 different varieties of latex foam that is available in the market, which is the Talalay latex and Dunlop latex. When it comes to Dunlop Latex, they are bottom heavy and are mainly used for the purpose of supporting the cores; on the other hand, the Talalay latex is a perfect mixture of frothy and light foam. These mattresses can last over a period of 8 years
- When it comes to body contouring, the latex mattresses are the perfect options. These mattresses are known for offering excellent pressure point relief. The mattresses made of Talalay latex are said to be ideal for those who are suffering from neck and back pain
- These mattresses offer a higher level of bounciness because of the fact that they have a high rubber content and has foam grid
- These mattresses offer relaxed and comfortable sleeping surfaces that do not retain heat
- These mattresses usually come with hypoallergenic foam which prevents the formation of mildews, molds, and dust. It keeps these mattresses free from all kinds of contaminations.
- The life span of these mattresses are quite long
- The fact that these mattresses are made of natural materials, make them eco-friendly
- These mattresses are known for having the feature of motion isolation. Even if your partner is moving and tossing around the bed, it will not cause any kind of disturbances at all
- During the process of manufacturing of these mattresses, harmful organic compounds are being emitted. It comes with a strong smell of rubber, which, however, disappears within a couple of days
- There are few stores where you can find these mattresses and test their quality. Most of them are available online
- These mattresses are considered to be the most expensive one out the different types of mattresses that are available in the market.
These mattresses have gained popularity over the last couple of years. These are basically inflatable beds which are being primarily used for accommodating guests. These mattresses can be folded and stored in the cupboard. They are quite light and offer the optimum level of comfort. People, who frequently go camping, use these mattresses and camping beds. The air inside the mattress can be adjusted for accommodating bodies of different sizes and shapes. These mattresses come with health benefits. These mattresses can also be used as a water toy.
- These are flexible mattresses and you can increase and decrease the firmness and softness by controlling the air inside it
- Those who side sleepers and those who suffer from lower back pain can find these mattresses to be very useful
- These mattresses are devoid of sagging and can be inflated with more air whenever it is required
- These mattresses are comfortable as heat from the body is not being absorbed by these mattresses
- These mattresses are odorless as they are made of PVC materials
- What makes them so special is the fact that these mattresses are portable
- One of the major disadvantages of these mattresses is the fact that they are prone to leaks and punctures. However, they can be repaired
- One side of these mattresses are flocked and in some cases, both the sides are flocked
- The air pumps that are used in these mattresses can be quite noisy
What type of Sleeper are you?
When it comes to selecting the right type of mattress, it the way you sleep that comes as a determining factor. Your style of sleeping can affect the decision of buying the right kind of mattress.
People have different ways of sleeping. There are people who prefer to sleep on their backs and stomach, while others side sleepers.
When it comes to pregnant women, they have a specific posture that they need to maintain while sleeping. Similarly, those with a heavy body weight have a different way of sleeping. All these factors should be taken into consideration while buying a mattress
Those who side sleepers, they should opt for the mattresses which range from medium firm to soft. Using a soft mattress can help to relieve pressure from the back area and neck. It also plays an important role when it comes to adjusting the contours of the body. While sleeping on the side, proper alignment of back, neck, and spine is required. The mattress should support the body in all these measures.
Those who side sleepers, they should avoid using spring and water mattresses. The spring mattresses offer less support to the lumbar area whereas when it comes to the waterbeds, they do not evenly distribute the weight of the body throughout the mattresses
During the day, the maximum weight is being carried by the middle section of the body. More pressure is being accumulated in this region as you sleep on your stomach. Therefore, if you are a stomach sleeper, you need to ensure that you have opted for a mattress that offers proper support and don’t give you a backache.
It is important to make sure that the mattress has proper firmness because when you are sleeping on your stomach, the gaps between your body and the mattress is very little. There are stomach sleepers who prefer to use soft mattresses. They can opt for mattresses that are made of advanced foam.
Sleeping During Pregnancy:
Left side is the ideal sleeping position for pregnant women. This is also known as the SOS or sleeping on the side position. The reason why sleeping on the left side is useful is because it helps to improve the blood circulation in the body. Besides, if you have an excessive amount of body weight, it will make sure that not too much pressure is being exerted on your liver.
There are 2 sleeping positions that pregnant women need to avoid; they are, lying in the stomach and on the back. Besides, pregnant women should also make sure that they don’t sleep of extremely soft or firm mattresses. When it comes to pregnant women, the memory foam or the foam mattresses would just be the perfect option for them.
They need to make sure of using a thick pillow so that pain the neck can be prevented. They should also have a pillow by their side so that they can rest their feet on them.
For Heavy people:
When it comes to mattresses, those who weigh more than 75 kg are considered to be heavy. For these people, a thick cushion would just be the perfect option. Usually, people choose mattresses which are in between 8 to 10 inches in terms of thickness
For heavy individuals, it is important to select a thickness between 10 to 12 inches. This is due to the fact that more pressure is being exerted by those who are heavy as opposed to lighter individuals.
When it comes to heavy people, they emit more heat from their bodies. Therefore, it needs to be made sure a breathable mattress is being used by them. Compared to a spring mattress a foam mattress tends to accumulate more heat. It is due to the fact that the scope for air circulation in the foam mattresses is very less.
For the heavy individuals, it is important to go for the mattresses which are strong and durable. Latex mattresses would just be the perfect option for them.
For Back Pain:
No matter what your profession might be. Whether you are the CEO of a company, a student or a homemaker; if you use a bad mattress, it can affect you big time. One of the deadliest side effects of using a bad mattress is having back pain. Back pain can cause extreme difficulties.
Not only back pain, if you use the wrong type of mattress you might also experience other kinds of complications, like shoulder pain along with neck pain. There are a couple of signs that you need to look for that would help you decide if it is time to change your mattress.
- The Firmness: If you sleep on an uneven surface, then it can result in continuous pain. Over a period of time, any mattress will go out of shape and the surface won’t remain as smooth and plain as you want it to be. The moment the mattress loses its firmness, it’s a sign that it needs to be changed
- Tired waking up: After having a good night’s sleep, you are supposed to feel fresh and energetic. However, if you feel tired and fatigued, in that case, it is a sign that there are some issues with your mattress and it needs to be changed
- Difficulty in Sleeping: Do you wake up frequently in the middle of your sleep? Find it even more difficult to go back to sleep? In that case, it can be your mattress that’s causing all the problems. Such uneasiness can be caused by a sagged mattress.
- Allergy: Did you know that millions of dust mites can settle on your mattress? These particles, along with sweat, oil and the dead cells from the body can result in allergies. These allergic reactions can lead to continuous itching and coughing
- Turning and Tossing Around: If you keep on turning and tossing around while you are at sleep, then it is an indication that your mattress is not in the best of shapes. It is also a sign that you need to change your mattress as soon as possible.
What types of Mattresses can offer you Relief Back Pain and other kinds of Discomforts
The mattress that you have chosen should be firm enough so that proper support can be offered to your lower back. At the same time, you need to make sure that it is soft enough to support the contours of your body. Therefore, it is very important to have a perfect combination
If you are sleeping on your back or stomach, you would require a firmer mattress.
On the other hand, if you are a side sleeper, in that case, a softer mattress would be the perfect choice for you
Those who are suffering from back pain, they should opt for the orthopedic mattresses that are available in the market, like memory foam mattress, foam mattress, and latex mattress
How To Clean Your Mattress
Before you start to clean your mattress, it is very important for you to make sure that you have stripped the bed entirely and your linens are being washed properly. At first, you need to clean the pads of the mattress before you get on with the sheets and then finally proceed to the bed sheet. You should be using hot water when it comes to cleaning the linens as it can help to kill the dust mites easily and quickly
Here are some of the ways in which you can clean your mattress
Use a Vacuum Cleaner:
Using a vacuum cleaner to clean your mattress is one of the easiest and efficient ways. With the help of a vacuum cleaner, you will be able to reach out to every section of the mattress and all the debris and dust particles will be sucked in by the machine. The process of cleaning mattresses using a vacuum cleaner can be quite fast
It is important to use disinfectants in order to make sure that all the harmful germs are driven away. Baking soda can be an excellent option. All that you need to do is to sprinkle baking soda on your mattress and then use a scrub brush to rub it
Remove the Stains:
There can be different types of stains on your mattress. They can be from sweat, body fluid and different other sources. It would be easier to clean them when the stains are fresh. However, you can use strong detergents to wash them away
At the conclusion, it needs to be mentioned that there are plenty of different options that are available in the market as far as mattresses are concerned. You need to select the best one that suits your requirements. At the same time, it is also very important to take good care of the mattress.
We have provided a full fledged guide of best mattress in India covering all the main Pros and Cons. If you still have any question, you can comment below and someone from our team will connect with you in the next 24 hours.