Welcome back to another article, and today, you will learn about Glucometer and other relevant information about it. It is a technology that checks the glucose level in your body and is very helpful for people with diabetes and hypoglycemia. You will know about the best glucometer in India and other related information about this fantastic device. Glucometer helps you to check your glucose condition without leaving your home and paying any extra penny.
This device is not only used by patients at home but also is a key tool of professional doctor’s kit and also used in hospitals. The test performed by this device can be placed on different parts of the body like palm, forearm, but most commonly, it is done on the fingers. In this article, you will discover the main types of glucometer, and so you can choose an option within your budget or your requirement also, we will comprehensively define everything related and relevant to the glucometer.
Before you move further to the main thread, have a look at these points
- Glucometer needs small chemical strips to function that has a small shelf life, and so I recommend to purchase the strip boxes according to your usage needs to avoid losing money.
- There are some advanced glucometer devices that can store the average blood glucose in recent days.
- These devices work with batteries that must be replaced after a certain time, and so it increases the overall cost of a device.
Best Glucometer in India
Accu-Chek is a brand that is so trendy and popular that people take its name as a synonym of a glucometer. Active Blood Glucose Meter features accuracy and projects the precise data. It is used by many doctors and is the number one recommendation of the professionals. This device is small and compact in size, which makes it easy to handle and perform the task. It is fast and sharp as it projects the precise result within 5 seconds.
Being such an amazing device, this is also tagged as Amazon’s Choice, which makes it a more reliable and trustworthy buying option. Unlike other cheap glucometers, this premium device also retrieves and displays the average data of the past seven days, which is a rare and helpful function. Apart from all the above helpful features, this Accu-Chek Active Blood Glucose Meter allows you to transfer the saved data into your computer through a USB cable, and this helps you to find the average data of long periods. Considering all the functions and even the past reviews of genuine consumers, I state it as the best glucometer in India.
- Accurate* blood glucose measurement: The Accu-Chek Active Glucometer is one of the most accurate systems and it fulfills ISO 15197:2013
- standards of accuracy.
- Accu-Chek’s Glucometer allows you to transfer the data into your PC or Laptop.
- It is not only fast but also displays precise and accurate results.
- Clinically tested and a top recommendation of the professional as they even use this device.
- It also has the ability to display the average data for the last seven days.
Before listing the products, we always do a dozen checks and an in-depth revision of the past verified reviews, and that is the reason we come up with such decent products. Dr. Trust has super positive and satisfying reviews, and that might be the reason for it being stated as an Amazon’s Choice product. It is kind of super precise and techy when it comes to results as it depicts the concentration of Ketones.
This premium device has three modes for precise and accurate results, the General mode for measuring at any time of the day, the AC for measuring the glucose level in the morning on an empty stomach, and the last PC mode, which lets you measure after the meal. It also features a digital display where it projects the results and has an exciting feature of smileys, which changes upon good or bad results. Come up with 60 strips and also a year of manufacturer warrant in India, which makes it more reliable and a worth buying option.
- GDH-FAD Strip: Measures the blood sugar level accurately with test strips based on FAD-dependent glucose dehydrogenase (GDH-FAD) enzymes. GDH-FAD...
- Ketone Alert: Dr Trust (USA) Glucometer gives early warning if your ketones are rising or are out of balance in your blood. It will reduce incidence...
- This Glucometer has a feature to set reminders and alarm users to take measurements at a particular time.
- A year of warranty makes it a more reliable and worthy option for anyone.
- It displays precise data and also has a cool smiley indicator as a result.
- Dr Trust Glucometer has different modes for measuring at different times.
OneTouch is an international brand which is serving for the last 20 years with some quality-oriented products, and Select Plus Simple Glucometer is one of those quality products. This is one of the most simple glucometers as it needs no technical setup and has no buttons. It can even generate audible and visual warnings for people to understand the results or readings better.
Being a product from a global brand, it meets all the latest requirements as stated by the International Standard Organization and is 100% safe and precise. It requires only a small amount of blood to perform and function precisely. This simple to use glucometer offers simple and fast results at a very affordable price and hence is the best for Indian consumers.
- Make a Simple Choice' by using OneTouch Select Plus Simple Glucometer to monitor your blood glucose. It's so Simple, it's Advanced!
- We are there for you! For any product related query or free registration of your product for warranty, please reach us on 1800-22-55-44 from Monday to...
- It is extremely easy and simple to use as it has no buttons and needs no installation.
- OneTouch Glucometer is available at an economical price for specially Indian consumers.
- It needs a very small amount of blood to function properly.
ContourPlus BGMS is another simple and effective glucometer that deserves to be on this list. This glucometer is super simple to use with no technical hassles, as seen in some coding glucometer. Also, it meets the International Standard Organization requirement, which makes it more reliable. There are many brands that promise accuracy and also demand a very little price for their product but honestly, they are not worthy of it as they manipulate the user by false readings which are very harmful but here with ContourPlus you can measure with no second thoughts.
ContourPlus also offers speed results (in about 5 seconds) with the most important thing, which is “Accuracy” as it will be influencing further medical treatments. It has a compact design which makes it easy to carry, use, and store. Considering the features and accuracy offered by this device and also the low marked price, it becomes a value for money product.
No products found.
- With this glucometer, you get 25 free strips, which save a lot of your sum.
- It can be used with capillary on the whole body.
- ContourPlus promises to deliver precise and accurate reading through its glucometer.
- It is very simple to use with almost no technical hustle.
Finally, a smart glucometer that will surely change your perspective and thought about a glucometer device: Apollo Sugar Smart Glucometer has the ability to connect without a smartphone, and the best part is it is completely wireless, which saves you from simplifying the tangled wires. Apart from mobile connectivity, it displays precise and accurate results, which makes it different from others. It meets the international standard organization’s requirement of accuracy and also offers 50 free gold plated strips with this device.
With this device, you also get the perk to consult Apollo Super Experts, who will advise you according to your results. This device does not require any internet connection to function as it just uses mobile as a good display platform. It can be used anywhere easily and does not include any technical hassles and features a year warranty, which makes it a reliable and worthy option to invest in.
- Accurate, Wireless, Connected glucometer with 25 Gold Plated strips ; Time of test:- Ideal for Adults with Diabetes ; Before a Meal: 70-130 mg/dL, 1...
- No internet is required nor any mobile accesories is required for measuring the readings
- A smart glucometer that will certainly change your experience, which you had with other devices.
- This saves all the data within seconds to your mobile app and delivers the data to the experts who will guide you further accordingly.
- It also offers 50 gold plated strips that serve you for a month or more according to the use.
This is another glucometer that is featured as an Amazon’s Choice product and has near about no negative reviews. It required very less amount of blood and did not hurt while the process of injecting. It is designed particularly for Indian consumers, and that is the reason it is marked at such a cheap price. But don’t get confused with the low price as it offers accuracy and quality too and is giving a tough competition to other expensive devices.
It has an ergonomic design that drops ease to use and store this product and being portable in size and it is easy to carry anywhere. This glucometer has a broad bright digital display that allows clear vision even in low light. With this device, you also get 25 strips, which will serve 25 shots. So if you are looking for something which fits in the “Cheap & Best” category, then this Dr. Morepen BG-03 glucometer is best for you.
- Only 0.5µL blood required
- Accurate and ergonomic model
- You get 25 strips for absolutely free with this glucometer device.
- It requires a very small amount of blood (0.5µL), which is not even felt by the finger.
- Dr. Morepen BG-03 glucometer is one of the most affordable glucometers.
- It also features a beeping alert to enhance your measuring experience.
We have already mentioned a glucometer which is produced by Accu-Chek, but this is totally different from the one which we stated before. Unlike other products that have boring and dark colors, this Instant S Glucometer by Accu-Chek has a bright white color. As already mentioned, Accu-Chek is quiet accuracy-oriented and produces only effective and quality gadgets. It meets the regular ISO requirements; that is why it is more reliable and trustworthy.
This glucometer features a nine color target range, which helps you to understand the results better. You also get to view your previous results and an average of up to 90 days that makes it a unique and rare feature. It features a large backlit display and projects big numbers as data, which makes it easy for you to read. With Instant S Glucometer you can easily perform a test and get results within a few seconds (Instantly)
- Test strip options: Test strips come in 10, 25, and 50 vials, so you can choose whatever fits your therapy
- Virtually pain-free testing: Enjoy virtually pain-free testing with the Accu-Chek Softclix lancing device
- As per its name, you get your results really fast within a few seconds.
- It has a sleek and compact design which makes it easy to handle and carry.
- This ISO approved glucometer by Accu-Chek also offers 10 free strips with it.
OneTouch Verio Flex is another glucometer by OneTouch which offers ease in performing the test without any pain. It is basically the combo of the glucometer and strips both by OneTouch. Also, it projects the result very fast and does not compromise with the quality or say accuracy.
Apart from displaying the results precisely, It also provides a compact and sleek body design, which helps you to carry it without any hustle or even keep it in the pocket of jeans or anything. This glucometer has color segments for better visual result experience. Being a product from the international brand “OneTouch,” this is a reliable and worth buying option.
- Simple 2-step testing
- To understand if your blood sugar level is high, low or in-range with Coloursure Technology
- This glucometer has a small and compact body design, which allows ease in transportation and storage.
- It has color segments to portray the result better and enhance user experience.
- OneTouch also offered ten free strips with this product, which saved you 10 shots of expense.
After these worth buying options, let us move to the second and more comprehensive part of the article- Buying Guide.
If you are a patient and want to use this amazing device (Glucometer) for yourself, then I would recommend you to read the manual thoroughly, or you can even take the help of any doctor for using it for the first time. Also, read this guide carefully as it is consists of many important things which will certainly influence you to buy the right and a perfect glucometer.
What Is a Glucometer and What Are Its Benefits?
The glucometer is a device which is used to measure the glucose in the blood. This device has made it possible to check their glucose levels without leaving home.
This device makes life easier for people suffering from diabetes who should have more control over their glucose levels. It is also used in newborn babies after their birth. It needs to collect a certain amount of blood from palm, fingers, or forearm, which will lead to the further process of measuring and projecting the concentration of glucose, which is measured in mg/dL. Some of the premium devices also project the average result of your data, which is very helpful for further treatment.
How Does the Glucometer Work?
Many people wonder how does a device have the ability to calculate the concentration of a compound in our blood with just a drop of blood. The glucometer device is just a machine to display and somewhat calculate the result, but the main function is done through the strips which have certain chemicals that process the blood into the machine and display the result. So without the strip, the machine can not function and would be just a compact obsolete device, but if you are in need of many tests, then you can buy the device with more strips as it will be more cost-effective for you.
Do We Need to Think about the Strips?
One should not just choose the glucometer by the price or brand. You should consider how many tests you need to perform for a specific period. If you need it for a small period or say a few days you must buy a device with a small number of strips as these strips have a small life, and they get invalid after a certain period which will obviously won’t display accurate results but if you are in need of many tests then you can buy the device with more strips as it will be more cost-effective for you.
Things to Consider before Buying a Glucometer (Purchasing Criteria)
If you are reading this then you must be well aware of the importance of Glucometer. But in a diverse market, it is difficult to choose from so many brands and so why we have stated certain factors below that will influence you choose the right product.
Let us have a comprehensive view of these terms
One of the most important factors to discuss before buying a glucometer is its features. Normally, there are not much apart from checking the glucose levels, but the newly updated device comes with a technology that displays the average result of previous days, which is really helpful. Some device also features alarms as a reminder to perform the test at a particular time. So you should check the available features before making the ultimate decision of buying a device.
A glucometer is a delicate device, and many devices won’t work after the use of a few days. So it is important to go for quality brands and make sure they offer a manufacturer warranty of a year or two. If you are buying a quality product, then you must certainly be getting the minimum warranty of a year. So if you really are going to buy a glucometer then make sure to check the warranty policy carefully as these devices get defected soon.
We have already seen that good brands are offering a minimum of 10 to 20 strips. You should also take into account the price of the strip offered by the brand. Also, don’t buy the strips in bulk just to avail discounts because the shelf life of the strip is less, and after that, it is totally obsolete, and you might need to buy new strips.
These were some important factors to discuss before buying a glucometer and will certainly help you to choose a better and desired product.
How Much Does a Good Glucometer Cost?
The price of a meter can range from INR 500 to as much as INR 5000 on average. As always, the popular international and most trusted brands are expensive. Although now there are many companies that started manufacturing glucometer in India and are producing consumer-oriented and affordable products. The device which has a memory to save and calculate the average sum of the results is expensive and only produced by big brands. If you are searching for low-cost devices, then choose the product that only shows results and does not save data. Also, some of the devices are expensive as they come up with the combo of strips, which saves you from buying strips separately.
Where to Buy a Glucometer?
The glucometer is an essential device mostly used by professionals and diabetic patients. If you want to buy a glucometer, then you can visit a supermarket, or you can easily get your desired product at any local drugstore. There are online websites like 1mg, Amazon, and Flipkart, which also promises to deliver quality products delivered to your doorstep and save your visit to the local shop. Another advantage of buying online is that you get to see the past reviews of genuine customers, which will influence you to buy a good desired product. In addition, these websites also give you pretty good discounts, we have mentioned above the products from Amazon, which are already listed at a great discount.
We have learned enough about this crucial device called “Glucometer.” I will recommend you to go through the manual of the device before using it for the first time or take the help of a nurse/doctor or anyone who has used it in the past. After this comprehensive guide, you know everything about the best glucometer in India. Also, other relevant and related information like its advantages and how does it really work. We also stated the factors to consider before buying a glucometer so as to make it easier for you to choose. I hope all your queries regarding glucometer are solved, and you don’t need to go anywhere else. But anyhow, I left something, then please make a comment below, and I will reply back with the best answer
Are you looking for the best Glucometer in India? It is vital to check your sugar level, especially when you are a diabetes patient.